Our Lady's Mirror

Summer 1928

reverse of the seal of the medieval priory
Fr Eves, of S. Barnabas, Pimlico, brought a pilgrimage from London in July. This was the first definitely 'London Pilgrimage', but we hope only the first of many more. We are building a little oratory at the Hospice for the Sisters - the Chapel of Our Lady of Pity. The foundations are being laid and we hope to get the walls and roof on before the autumn sets in. The total interior measurements of the Chapel and its porch will be the same as the Holy House at Loreto, while the actual oratory will reproduce the exact dimensions of the Holy House or Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham. Would you like to have a finger in this work? We feel all the pilgrims would like to express their gratitude to the Sisters for all they do for us during pilgrimages. We are very anxious to continue the Almanac started this year, but we need some kind friend to guarantee £40 to enable it to be published. The Editor lost considerably on the 1928 production. Everything is ready, but awaits the necessary guarantee. A miner's lamp has been promised by the Yorkshire priests who came here this year. It is hoped that this lamp will be maintained by the miners from the Yorkshire fields. article: A.C.L., 'Our Lady of Hal, Belgium' There are no illustrations in this issue: a picture of one side of the medieval seal is shown above