Our Lady's Mirror

Autumn 1928

one of Enid Chadwick’s village drawings
The Walsingham Pilgrimage season has now ended. The last organised visit was made by the Second Norwich Anglo-Catholic Congress on October 12th. This was such a typical 'day pilgrimage' that we think it may be of interest to those who have only made the greater pilgrimage, and we are reproducing the account given in the local press. We are trying to form a little Marian Museum in Walsingham, to show the devotion of past and present ages to Our Lady. Please send any cards or pictures. Knowing that many of our readers poke about in second-hand book shops, and if they don't do so at present, we would ask them to do so, in order to keep an eye open for anything relating to Walsingham, its Church and Shrines. Please send Fr Hope Patten details of the items and sources. We believe there are many plans and prints of the early buildings to be found and "it would be rendering a great service to the building up of local history" if members and their friends would undertake research for us and copy any references to Walsingham they may meet with during their reading. This summer two tombs were found in the South of France - one near Grenoble and one near Marseilles - both recording that their subjects had been pilgrims to the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham. Photograph postcards of the Society's banner can be had from the Church and Pilgrim Shop. articles: A.L., 'Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, venerated in the Church of St. Alphonsus, Rome, formerly in St. Matthew's'; 'Norwich Anglo-Catholic Congress. The Pilgrimage to Walsingham' reprinted from The Norwich Mercury There are no illustrations in this issue: Enid Chadwick’s drawing of Swan Entry is shown above